Apple Plans to Launch an Entry-Level MacBook This Year

By Techpads | Last Updated: March 19, 2018- 1:08 am
Apple plans to launch budget friendly MacBook in 2018

The price of the new gadget is expected to be around $799-$899 (approx. Rs52,000-Rs.58,000).


Apple is gearing up to launch an entry-level MacBook variant in the latter half of this year. Reports suggest this might be during the company’s developer conference, WWDC 2018. The price of the new gadget is expected to be around $799-$899 (approx. Rs52,000-Rs.58,000).

 

Other Details of the Apple MacBook

The new MacBook is expected to borrow the MacBook Pro’s 13.3-inch display, with resolution of 2560×1600 pixels. The panels for this are expected to be supplied by the Korean company LG Display, after Apple failed to procure cheaper panels from its Chinese vendors. LG will likely start shipping the panels by April and production might start around June. While 70% of the orders are expected to be assembled by Quanta Computer, the remaining 30% will be assembled by Foxconn Electronics, if reports are to be believed.

With this gadget, the company is aiming to introduce a product in a more affordable segment. By the end of this year, the company hopes to produce at least 6 million units of the new MacBook, but experts suggest otherwise. The price at which the MacBook will be sold, will likely not create that level of demand. The figure could be closer to between 3 to 4 million units.

If the upcoming MacBook is sold as MacBook Air, then it would likely be the first to feature a Retina Display, which would bring it to the ranks of the MacBook Pro line.

Earlier this month, KGI securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo predicted that Apple might be working on the launch of a cheaper version of MacBook Air and three other iPhone models in 2018. This is likely to be what he was talking about.

There is currently no information around availability across the world.